All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: BenQ XL2420TX VS Asus VG278H
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2013, 07:27 

Well i'm back again looking for some help to my 3D question in my favorite 3D forums :)

Anyways I was hoping you guys could help me decide on which monitor to get i'm mainly a pc gamer but I also enjoy hopping on the PS3 at times to play some games, so first off since both these monitors have the IR emitter embedded into the monitor I won't have a problem viewing 3D content on the PS3 correct?

Second I can't find any solid reviews on the 3D side of either monitor so I honestly can't decide which to get I will be using 2D most of the time still want the best 3D solution The BenQ seems nice because of the gamer software it offers, like the Black equalizer and game mode switch. But it's only a 24". Where the asus on the other hand is a 27" I don't think size will really matter thought because I plan on attaching the monitor to an ergotron monitor arm and I will be able to position it as close as I need it to be.

A side note as well should I hold off for any other monitors? I have no idea if theres some super new and awesome monitor which would be better then either of these two, that are going to release in Q2, or Q3 or something.

Anyways since i'm still kinda a 3D novice which would you choose for yourself knowing A: you like to play games competitivly B:You want the best 3D result and C:You want to play/watch movies on PS3

thanks for any help in advance :)

Post subject: Re: BenQ XL2420TX VS Asus VG278H
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2013, 10:45 
Site Admin

You should not have problems using any kind of HDMI 1.4 3D-capable device with these monitors, not only PS3.

As for the monitors, they both offer pretty much the same performance in stereo 3D mode, so you should actually choose better based on the size and extra features that you might need/want to have available. I personally find 27-inch to provide a more immersive experience than 24-inch.

Profile WWW